Yes, I know it’s Friday. I’ve just been extremely busy lately.
1. Prudence: When do you feel it is most important to exercise prudence? When is it acceptable to throw practicality out the window?
Prudence is good for something I really need whereas throwing practicality out the window is for things I only want.
2. Justice: Is a sense of justice really a virtue, or is only a tool that allows us to pass judgment on others without feeling guilty? What do you feel is the greatest injustice facing the world today?
I consider it my divine right to pass judgment upon others. But the reality of it is I’m a big believer in equal justice under the law. Way too little of that these days.
And guilt, what’s that? I’ve pretty much lived guilt free for the last 25 years of my life.
3. Temperance: All things in moderation. Should we allow ourselves a few excesses? How well do you restrain yourself when faced with your deepest desires?
A few? Many is more like it. How do I restrain myself? Why do that, just enjoy life. So what if you’ll be dead by 30, enjoy it.
4. Courage/Fortitude: How well do you confront fear and uncertainty, or intimidation? Does facing the little things make you as brave as facing the big things?
They both get the same treatment. I’m the guy who gets to do what I call the ‘dirty’ jobs because I don’t scare easily. Haunted houses are no fun for me.
5. Faith: Is it important to have faith? How steadfast are you in your core beliefs? Do your core beliefs equate to faith in something?
If we’re talking religious faith you’re asking the wrong guy. Left that about 25 years ago too. The only one I have faith in is myself.
6. Hope: Does having hope for the future help you deal with the present? How good are you at finding the good in the bad? What is the thing you hope for most?
Mmm, I’m a bit of a pessimist. Luckily I have Keyron who’s an optimist.
7. Love/Charity: How easy is it for you to give selfless, unconditional, and voluntary loving-kindness? How easy is it for you to receive selfless, unconditional, and voluntary loving-kindness?
Easier for me to give it than to receive it. I’ve helped push out cars stuck in snow and things like that. I’ve also donated cash to charitable organizations as well as done the Avon walks for breast cancer awareness, etc.