So I believe I had explained how I did it. For those that didn’t watch here’s what I did:
1) Sterilized the jars and lids. I use the dry heat approach for the jars, boiling water for the lids.
2) Made brine of 2tbsp of salt to one quart of water. Made a gallon of that.
3) Cut up these mini cucumbers – and parted out the dill and garlic. Yes I used fresh dill.
4) Put the cucumbers, garlic, dill and a black tea teabag in the jar.
5) Pour in the brine up to about 1/2″ or so of the rim of the jar.
6) Let the jars with the pickles sit for a few weeks. After about the first week I opened each jar and reached in and agitated the contents. That right there lets a little lacto-bacillus get in the mix and provide the sour component.
What comes out is a nice, very crunchy and tasty dill pickle with the essence of garlic and a slightly sour taste.
I made three jars – already went through one of them.