So had occasion to get a Ford Escape for a couple of hours today.
I’ll get it out of the way at the beginning – I don’t like the vehicle for a multitude of reasons.
- You cannot adjust how far back the seat goes. There’s no lever, control or what have you to do that. My left knee kept rubbing against the door control panels. Not good.
- The location of controls is alien to me.
- The Sync system – it sucks. Couldn’t find it on my Android Galaxy Core Prime.
- The rear windshield wiper control is on on the very tip of the wiper control arm and is a toggle, up for on, down for off. Bad design.
- The car gets abysmal gas mileage, 18.2 MPG. I was noting an Expedition gets 13MPG so not a very big difference between the two vehicles.
- I noted, a VW Golf – I’ve driven it when brand new and with 30,000 miles on it. It still performs like all get out. The Ford – it’s transmission does NOT shift smoothly and it takes really high revs to get it up to 90MPH. I’d really like to drive this again when it’s got about 30,000 miles on it. I bet it’ll be retired by then as that is what is wrong about U.S. made cars.