Here’s the requirements:
- Some fresh fruit – strawberries, blueberries, banana, pineapple and the like.
- Some frozen fruit like strawberries, black cherries, acai,
- Some yogurt, plain or vanilla – (Hint – just add some vanilla extract to the smoothie mix.)
- Milk, be it cow, goat or the like.
- Ice and plenty of it.
- A sweetener like honey, agave and sugar. Your choice as to which and how much.
- A reliable blender – a stick blender will work in a pinch but a decent quality blender is much better.
And it’s exceedingly simple, just toss all the fruit and ice into the blender, a couple tablespoons of yogurt, and about 1/2 cup of the milk. And blend like your life depends on it, you want all the frozen stuff and the ice to break down so that it adds a nice body to the smoothie.
Like this evening we had smoothies – with fresh strawberries, pineapple, black cherry, and used Agave as the sweetener. Delicious – and the leftovers are getting frozen to incorporate into another smoothie.
3 thoughts on “Smoothies: How to make one”
These sound good but so much fuss; I am too lazy to make them.
Oh they’re not hard to make – just need a good blender.
Oh and get this – it’s great training for frozen drinks of the alcoholic variety.