So today I made an Orange-Pineapple cake.
All you need is the following:
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
Note there’s no added sugar – just what’s in the fruit and cake mix. And for the whipped topping I couldn’t. I just whipped some heavy cream with a little vanilla via the power whisk.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oranges, egg whites and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13×9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping just until blended. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
1 piece: 231 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.